Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mother Nature

Well I survived my first earthquake. "One of the strongest earthquakes to strike the East coast in decades..." I didn't actually feel the earthquake. It happened around 1:50pm... so I was home- but didn't feel it. Nurses at the hospital did feel it and said the babies' cribs were moving.... crazy!! I don't think anyone was hurt (thank God!) although I know there was some structural damage even here in CT.


On another note- Hurricane Irene is headed towards Connecticut. I never thought taking an assignment on the East coast would mean living through an earthquake and hurricane. :-) I suppose I can check those things off my list of "natural disasters lived through.."! However.. I guess I haven't lived through the hurricane yet so maybe I will wait to add that to the list.
The latest map (from http://www.weather.com/) predicts that by the time it hits CT the winds will only be 80 mph... so hopefully we wont have any power outages or flooding or anything. I'm not sure what else to expect- I'm assuming just high winds and lots of rain. I'll buy some water just in case. My biggest concern is going to be driving in it because of course I work all weekend... I'll keep everyone posted!!

Mother Nature has a mind of her own....

No comments:

Post a Comment